Veteran eFolder Solution Developed and Deployed in Support of VA Claims Processing
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has trusted Duty First Consulting to support its adoption of Enterprise Content Management in Compensation and Pension claims processing over the past ten years. Our team members were trusted to design, develop, and deploy an eFolder solution based on Commercial-off-the Shelf software products including IBM’s FileNet applications and Oracle databases. Today, the Virtual VA Suite of Applications supports over 20,000 users and houses over 300 million pages of Veteran records. Duty First Consulting continues to enhance, sustain, and integrate the solution with more than 20 other VA systems in support of ongoing Paperless Claims processing initiatives.
Our activities include and have included:
- Led activities ranging from Requirements Validation through Architecture, Systems Engineering, Development, and Testing.
- Implemented a Scrum Agile based development methodology for accelerated design, development, and deployment.
- Transitioned to VA’s Project Management Accountability System (PMAS) structure encompassing use of ProPath, CMMi practices, and adoption of VA software deployment standards.
- Provide full application support including software enhancements, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) product integration, network support, hardware support, web application design, architecture development, and availability planning and management.
- Provide system analysis services by providing recommendations on software and hardware upgrades to accommodate the growing user base.
- Testing and fielding of enhancements, including developing both automated and manual testing procedures, creating test scripts and scenarios, and supporting the testing process as conducted by independent verification and validation (IV&V) contractors and government subject matter experts.
Duty First Consulting has maintained 100% client satisfaction and on-time, on-budget completion of its engagements throughout this program.